help Forums
help Forums
help Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
help Forums

City-Data.com forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Family room looks boring.

View previous topic View next topic Go down
smithmil

Family room looks boring. Vide
PostSubject: Family room looks boring. Family room looks boring. Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:07 am

I am running a Home daycare part time and a SAHM of two girls. We all love to hang out in the family room. This room in turn looks BORING! I don’t have enough storage for toys and I can not find a spot I like the furniture to make it roomy enough but also close enough for the hubby to watch his some what small TV, as well as well as when we have company this holiday season enough room for conversation. So many things I want, is it doable?? I have a Chair and a half and a couch as well as a small Child’s chair in all in denim.

The room is a large square right off the open kitchen and the house is not even a year old it has a recast area where I guess you would build shelving for home entertainment?? A HUGE slider that needs drapes BAD but is to tall I have to custom order them. And a bar area from the kitchen in my eyes could double as more seating I have a large amount of ppl over.

I do not have much cash to spend just want to get that great flow before the flow of people coming over for the holidays increases
Back to top Go down

georgelopez66

Family room looks boring. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Family room looks boring. Family room looks boring. Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:06 pm

Do you have a great room floor plan? Is there only one living space?

We have play stands for our kids, which double as a play space, like a house and also toy storage. They are beautiful, instead of intrusive and ugly too and warn, because they are wood. Our kids love them. We bought ours on Ebay two years ago. Magic Cabin also sells them, and you can search online for other places as well. I think they would be a good investment.

Also, have you seen those huge, padded, square ottomans, with storage inside? One of those could serve many purposes.

Family room looks boring.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
help Forums :: Home Talk :: Homes General Topics -